Effective date: 1 August, 2018
Hyundai requires certain personal information about the purchaser of each Hyundai motor vehicle. This is required by the Land Transport Safety Authority so that we can contact owners in the event there is a safety recall issued by the manufacturer. Personal information may also be collected by Hyundai through promotions, competitions and consumer queries including queries made online through Hyundai’s website, and through your browsing of our website. The information may include:
- your name, address, contact number(s) and email address
- information about your preference for vehicles;
- your demographics and interests;
- details of any prizes you may have won;
- a record of any queries you have made.
We record all telephone calls made to, and by, our call center. We use telephone call recordings:
- for staff training purposes to help us improve the quality of our customer service;
- to ensure we have an accurate record of your call which may be needed if there is a dispute.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wherever possible, Hyundai collects personal information directly from you. We use it for the following purposes:
- to contact you directly about Hyundai, its vehicle models, reminders for servicing, safety, promotions, competitions and other marketing activities
- to reward you for being a loyal Hyundai customer;
- to inform you of Hyundai vehicle models and information we think you might be interested in;
- to approve transactions you wish to make;
- to confirm your identity;
- to provide you with information or services you have requested;
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make;
- for staff training purposes.
STORAGE, ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Hyundai is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security. In order for Hyundai to provide services to you, personal information is held by Hyundai’s associated companies in accordance with this policy.
You have rights of access to and correction of personal information that Hyundai holds. You may correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. To access, correct or change your personal information contact Hyundai’s Privacy Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hyundai does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. Hyundai outsources certain business functions to other organisations. For the purpose of providing services to Hyundai and to you, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
- our associated companies;
- organisations which provide services to us, such as research, mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies;
- credit reference agencies or other credit providers;
- government or statutory authorities.